Saturday 14 December 2019

Dog Park & Main Street, two new activities

Hey all, on Friday I started something new. Your company is more than welcome. If interested, let me know in advance so that I can square up the times.


At the dog park. Working on the periphery of the dog park, I'm walking, training, playing with my dog. My own goal is getting him ready for a group agility. For that I need him accustomed to the sight of other dogs doing high speed exciting things while he pays attention and minds me.  The more action happening in the dog park the better.  Friday's at 11am is pretty low key. I'm also going out on Sunday afternoons, plenty of action on weekends.

What I do.
At the parkinglot, I use the walk up to the dog park as an excellent opportunity to practice and maintain good leash walking skills, and let him settle and sniff and pee.  Along the fence, outside of the dog park, I practice fun tricks and obedience, and desensitization to running active out of reach dogs.
If someone goes for a leashed walk, if I'm feeling socialble, I ask if they want company and walk the circle for a pleasant polite leashed walking experience.  All great opportunities.


Main Street Urban Hiking.
I park at the Longo's plaza and walk the very busy urban street of Stouffville Main Street West.  Great opportunity to desensitize to traffic noises and people. Sidewalks are wide and maintained throughout winter. There are fun obstacles along the way for tricks and training.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Introducing the Stouffville Dog Training Meet Up Group.

Introducing the Stouffville Dog Training Meet Up Group, a fun free and collaborative dog training group for dog peeps. Sonic and I are...